THOMPSON MEMORIAL STONES
Crown Hill Cemetery
29th and Wadsworth
1. Lot 24-29, lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - Purchased by Frederick James and Agnes Thompson at time of need, when their son William died. The stone was bought in 1955 by Harold C. Thompson Sr. and includes the following family members who are buried beneath it:
To view the stone, both sides, click here NEW
These links will take you to their individual pages:
Frederick James Thompson
Agnes Templeton Meikle Thompson - wife of Frederick James Thompson
William James Thompson
Frederick Melvin Thompson
Marion Laurene Felgar Thompson (first wife of Frederick Melvin Thompson)
Harold Calvin Thompson Sr
Doris Mae Wilson Thompson - wife of Harold Calvin Thompson Sr.
There is still one vacant lot in this family plot.
2. Lot 24-30, Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - Purchased by Thomas Harvey and June Thompson. No information as to when the stones were erected. The following family members are buried in this plot:
Thomas Harvey Thompson is buried in an adjoining lot with his wife June Sterrett Thompson. See photos of their plot - click here. NEW
June (nee Sterett) Thompson, wife of Thomas Harvey Thompson.
Thomas Harvey Thompson Jr. - son of Thomas Harvey and June Thompson.
Lois June (nee Thompson) Butler - daughter of Thomas Harvey and June Thompson. Lois has been moved to Lot 40, Plot 4 in the Butler Family Plot. Buried in Butler Family Plot with daughter Kelly Renee Butler-Hacker.
Bradley John Thompson - infant son of Tim and Paula Thompson and a grandson of Thomas Harvey and June Thompson
3. Block 24-36, Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - Purchased by Alva H. and Minnie S. Felger on August 13, 1949.
Frederick James Thompson (son of Frederick Melvin Thompson) is buried with his wife Lois Ellen Lawrence Thompson and two of their infant children are in east half of plot - Lots 1, 2, 7, 8 - click here NEW
Alva H. Felger and Minnie S. Felger, parents of Marion Laurene Felger Thompson who is buried in Lot 24-30 with Frederick Melvin Thompson. They are in lots 3 and 4.
Elizabeth Cole Felger, buried August 28, 1954 is in lot 5.
Lot 6 is empty. It had been reserved for Vernon R. Felger, son of Alva H. and Minnie S. Felger.
4. Block 14, Lot 313 Susan Harvey Thompson and son Thomas Thompson Jr. (mother and son) are buried in a separate plot at Crown Hill, purchased June 2, 1925. Thomas Thompson Sr (husband of Susan Harvey Thompson) who died in March 1921 and is buried in Block 15, Lot 55 which is very close to Block 14, Lot 313, along with Thomas Jr.'s wife Anna, who died in February 1919 and buried in Block 15, Lot 33. Click here to view. NEW
THOMPSON FAMILY IN OTHER CEMETERIES
1. William J. Thompson, son of Thomas Thompson Sr. and Susan Harvey, is buried at Fairmount Cemetery, Denver with Marie Natsche Millard. The parrot mentioned is the pet parrot Uncle Will and Marie had for many years and was supposed to be buried between them when he (the parrot) died. Click here to view. NEW
2. Harold Calvin Thompson Jr., son of Harold Sr and Doris Thompson in Lot 24-29 above, is buried in the Bennett Cemetery, Bennett, Adams County, Colorado.
Cheryl Anne (nee Thompson) Knickbocker Henderson died on March 13, 1998 in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Cremation followed.
William Calvin Thompson, son of Harold C. Thompson Jr., died in Martinez California on March 3, 1999. Cremation followed.
3. Donna Lee (nee Thompson) Armstrong, daughter of Frederick M. Thompson in Lot 24-29 above, is buried in Ft. Logan Cemetery, Colorado with her husband. No photograph yet.
4. Eileen Marie Hull French (daughter of Eleanor Thompson and William Hull) died 19 May 1988 in Annapolis, Anne Arundel, Maryland. Cremation followed.
5. Norma Alys Thompson, daughter of Harold Sr. and Doris Thompson in Lot 24-29 above, died in 6 July 2006 in Lander, Fremont County, Wyoming. Cremation followed.
Kenneth Joseph Martin, son of Norma Alys Thompson above, died between 23 - 24 June 2006 in Lander, Fremont County, Wyoming. Cremation followed.
6. Jerry Lynn Thompson, son of Thomas Harvey Thompson Sr and June W. Sterett, died 6 Oct 2010 in Port Orchard, Kitsap County, Washington. Buried in Sunset Lane Memorial Park in Port Orchard.
Page Created January 11, 2001 by Mary Thompson Saban. Perpetual Copyright 2001 All rights Reserved
Return to Thompson in Colorado Homepage
Return to Saban Thompson Homepage
Return to Family History Homepage
Return to General Family History Resources
Page Last Updated Sunday, November 09, 2014